- Fast - Quick to install and use, with no need to install software on PC or host systems
- Secure - Enhanced wireless security with Intermec advanced communication protocol, and two-way error checking for assurance bar code data was transmitted successfully
- Performance – By utilizing a Bluetooth® Class 1 radio, enjoy wireless freedom from up to 300 meters (984 feet) from the base
- Scalable - Supports simultaneous communication with up to seven scanners (SR61B, SF61B or SG20B)
- Durable – Capable of withstanding 26 drops to concrete, the SD62 features and industrial-grade construction ideal for warehouse and industrial applications)
Product OverviewThe SD62 wireless base station provides a secure encrypted connection between the host and up to seven Intermec Bluetooth® handheld scanners—including SR61B, SF61B and SG20B. With no need to install special software, the SD62 can be quickly installed to support your wireless data capture needs in an instant.
Communication between the SD62 and associated scanners is bi-directional: it checks that bar code data is fully transmitted to the host. If the data is not transmitted for any reason--for example, if the host PC is turned off--the module sends an error beep back to the scanner. This error-checking capability provides assurance to the operator that bar code data was transmitted successfully.
The SD62 provides a working wireless range of up to 300 meters (984 feet) from the base station (in open air). In the event a user goes out of range from the base station, the scanner will indicate an out-of-range status via both visual (LED), audio, and/or vibrator cues—and the scanner will automatically re-connect to the base station when back in range.
To simplify installation, the SD62 supports a wide range of host interfaces (USB, RS232, wand emulation and wedge), eliminating the need for adaptors or less-durable dongles. It is an ideal replacement to the Intermec MicroBar 9745 and SD61, providing performance wireless communications to your Intermec handheld scanners.