- Strong, all-metal construction and superior throughput for demanding airline and other transportation applications
- Compact size fits space-constrained environments
- Exceptional reliability ensures low cost of ownership
- Smart Printing capabilities support stand-alone printer applications, eliminating PC expense and complexity
- Secure wireless connectivity: CCX and WiFi® certified with WPA2
- Integrated Ethernet, USB host and device, and serial interface standard
- Internet Protocol v6 (IPv6) support
- RFID – IATA 1740c Compliant
Product OverviewA member of the smartest bar code printer family on the market, the Intermec PF2i is flexible and programmable, enabling transportation industry customers to optimize their printing operations, streamline deployment, and achieve quick return on investment. Built to meet the needs of mission-critical applications, the rugged PF2i delivers advanced, secure connectivity and the latest network protocols, ensuring peace-of-mind today and a reliable, scalable solution for the long haul. The compact PF2i RFID Baggage Tag Printer is part of Intermec's complete line of smart, strong and secure industrial printers.
SmartThe PF2i's smart design features support increased productivity in demanding environments. As a Smart Printer, the PF2i can host stand-alone applications, developed through Intermec Fingerprint programming language, which reduce errors and streamline operational processes. Smart Printers can eliminate the PC and control other devices directly, improving efficiency and decreasing infrastructure costs and complexity.
The PF2i's integrated device management and diagnostic capabilities, provided through Intermec SmartSystems™ and Wavelink Avalanche™, reduce downtime and simplify deployment. Its secure, industry-standard connectivity options support easy integration and fast deployment.
StrongRugged and compact, the PF2i is ideal for demanding airline and transportation applications where space is limited and downtime is not an option. With few parts to maintain and exceptional reliability, the PF2i ensures low cost of ownership. Its patented RFID radio module encodes and verifies the RFID tags within the media ensuring a viable bag tag every time.
The PF2i can print on RFID enabled external fan-folded bag tags as well as non-RFID credit card size boarding tickets. It can take advantage of the latest RFID tag technologies including ISO 18000-6B and 6C / EPC Gen 2, and provides a seamless transition from older printers (such as the BT201). Because it is available in a variety of UHF frequencies, the PF2i is ready for use in most regions of the world.
SecureMultiple interface options are available, including the highest level of secure wireless connectivity (WPA2). The industry's only printers available with WiFi- and CCX-Certification, Intermec industrial printers help maintain wireless network integrity and reduce configuration time. Every printer ships with Ethernet connectivity, as well as with emerging network protocol IPv6, ensuring long-term, enterprise scalability. Other connectivity options provide additional integration flexibility.
The standard CompactFlash™ memory slot is complemented by new USB host and device support. Handy, inexpensive and PC-compatible, CompactFlash and USB memory technologies provide extra storage for Fingerprint programs, layouts, graphics*, fonts and firmware upgrades.
The PF2i can be complemented by the Intermec PF4i, a four-inch printer ideal for printing full size boarding passes and which leverages the same hardware and software, for maintenance cost efficiency.
* Fingerprint only
- Detailed Comparison Guide for Printers (PDF) »
- Printing from SAP »
- Printers and Media Brochure (PDF) »
- Solving Healthcare Challenges Brochure (PDF) »
- Printer Media Specifications (PDF) »
- Leading Media (PDF) »
- Leading Media Healthcare (PDF) »
- On-Demand Webinar: "RFID Asset Management: Do You Know Where Your Assets Are? Should You?" »
- On-Demand Webinar: "RFID Compliance: Where's the Implementation Sweet Spot?" »
- The Intermec Industrial Printers Selection Guide (PDF) »
- Intermec Developers Forum »